This is the first post in a short mini series on body language, so by the end you should have a great understanding of how to pick up women, through body gestures.
You may already be aware that when people communicate with each other they do it mostly through their body language. The extent of which has been estimated at:
- 55% Body language
- 38% Tone
- 7% Words
These statistics may come as a surprise to some of you, but from this, we can conclude that it should be possible to build attraction even before you open your mouth!
High status body language
Below is a list of non-verbal actions that will communicate that you are a high status and confident individual and maximise your chances of being able to successfully pick up women:
- Keep your hands out of your pockets
- Stand with your feet wider apart
- Don’t swing your hands around when you walk
- Never look at the floor when you walk, always look ahead at the horizon
- Expose your chest
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back
- Walk slowly and take bigger steps
- Take up a lot of space, no matter where you are, as it radiates confidence
- Don’t be afraid to go into people’s personal space
- Always lean back, when you do this, people around you will start to lean in to hear you
- Touch people when you talk to them (non-sexual). You must create conversation on all levels, not just verbal
- A nice big smile shows that you are comfortable and having a good time. However, it is important that you do not smile too much as the girl needs to earn your approval, so only smile as a reward when she says something that impresses you
- Everything that you do must be at the same speed, otherwise they can tell you are ‘trying to be cool’ i.e. you need to be congruant
Reading her body language
It is very useful to be able to “read” a woman’s body language as it will indicate to you when she is interested (or not). A lot of these signals just happen naturally, there is nothing a woman can do to stop it!
Below is a list of some common female body language signals:
- If she makes direct, steady eye contact then she’s interested.
- If she leans in close to you, she’s attracted. If she gets close enough to whisper in your ear, she’s really saying that she wants to be even closer.
- If she leans away from you, she’s distancing herself from what you’re talking about or from you. Change your approach immediately!
- If she smiles with her mouth but not her eyes, it’s likely that she’s just trying to be polite.
- If you can see both rows of teeth when she smiles, she’s genuinely happy to be with you.
- If her palms are open, it shows sincerity and receptivity, she isn’t hiding anything from you.
- If her fists are closed or clenched, she’s angry or she’s protecting herself from you (or she’s about to take a swing at you!)
- If she tilts her head, she’s creating a sultry, affectionate gaze that shows her interest.
- If she tosses or touches her hair, this is classic “preening” behaviour and is clearly flirtatious in a social setting.
- If she lIfts her hair off her neck and stretches, baring her neck, she’s displaying submissive behaviour that leaves her vulnerable to you; a sign of attraction.
- If she taps or drums her fingers, she’s bored, impatient or annoyed. Not good!
- If her legs are crossed in your direction she’s inviting you to stay put.
- If she’s swinging her foot in your direction, consider that she’s actually making a kicking motion.
- If she hides her face with her hand or something else, then she’s protecting herself from you or keeping something from you.
- If her hand is on her cheek, she’s still evaluating the situation.
- If her hand is over her mouth, she disapproves of you or is reluctant to say what’s on her mind.
- If she blushes or If her ears or chest redden, sthen he’s nervous, excited and possibly quite attracted to you.
- If she moistens her lips with the tip of her tongue, that’s a very good thing. If she applies lipstick in your presence, that’s even better, especially If she does it slowly.
- If her arms are crossed, she’s defensive and guarded.
- If she touches your arm, even very casually, that’s a very good sign. Even If she touches everybody that way, this signal may not mean she’s crazy about you, but she certainly isn’t repulsed by you.
- If she touches any other part of your body, she definitely wants to get to know you better