Now going to have a look at what you should say when you approach i.e. the pick up line or “opener”.
Ok, not quite at the openers yet! When you start talking to a group of people that you don’t know, initially they will be thinking: “Are we going to be stuck with this guy all night?
How do we get rid of him?” Obviously you don’t want this to happen! The way round it is to incorporate a time constraint into your routine. This will make the group feel relaxed as “you are just about to leave” and can’t stay too long. A couple of examples:
You: I can only stay for a minute, because I have to rejoin my friends over there. Can I get your opinion on something…
You: You better be getting back to your friends before they realise you’re over here flirting with me. But before you go…
It is recommended to use cocky/ funny openers as they will be more fun for you and the woman. Cocky/funny tells the girl that you are out just having fun and not trying to pick-up. It also conveys that you are confident, not intimidated by her and that you will not change your approach for her. All good points!
Some example opening lines
- You: Are you guys shy? I’ve been standing here talking to my friend for like five minutes now and you still haven’t said ‘hi’.
- You: Oh my God. This is so embarrassing.
- Her: What?
- You: pause to build tension. I almost wore the exact same outfit. That would be so embarrassing if we showed up in the same outfit.
- You: Which one of you is the richest?
- You: Which one of you would win in a fight?
When standing next to a girl at the bar waiting to be served.
- You: Can you flirt with the bar tender so that I can get served quicker?
Make eye contact with her, then look at the bartender to catch his attention.
- You: You call that flirting? I guess I am going to have to teach you.
Flutter your eyes and lick your lips etc. Teach her how to flirt in a joking way.
Stare at her boobs!
- Her: What are you looking at?
- You: Sssshh… I’m not done yet!
Keep looking at her boobs with a curious look for a few more seconds.
- You: Look up and hold eye contact. Thanks for that. You look interesting. What’s your name?
Position yourself at the busiest part of the bar where people are forced to bump into you. When a hot girl walks by, stick out your elbow. After she bumps into it, go “Ow! That really hurt!” with a sly smile.
She will probably laugh and “apologise” for her clumsiness. Now tell her that “you would probably grab my ass too wouldn’t you?” If she then grabs your ass..it’s game on!
If someone bumps into you
- You: Did you just grab my ass?
- Her: No
- You: Damn!
- You: In a sarcastic voice. You look like you’re having a great time… or… smile, it doesn’t cost anything.
- You: How old are you?
- Her: she says her age.
- You: Oh you’re too old for me. I don’t think this relationship is going to work out.
- Her: How old are you then?
- You: Way too young for you. Can you at least cook?
The drug dealer
- You: Hey, I need your opinion on something. Does my friend look like a drug dealer?
- Her: Will probably laugh or look quizzically.
- You: We were outside and some dude came up and tapped him on the shoulder like this (tap the girls shoulder when you say this) and asked Hey man, you got any coke?
Kino Openers: Pushing girls, grabbing drinks out of their hands, lightly bumping hip to hip, grabbing hats of heads, poking her ( I beg your pardon!), tapping the opposite shoulder etc.
- You: Grab unsuspecting woman by the arm and point at a guy. Oh my god! That guy is perfect for you, let me introduce me. Start moving towards the guy.
- Her: Nooo… NO NO… ha ha… Help!
- You: To the guy. This girl really wanted to meet you but she’s too shy.
- Her: No, no… it’ not true!!
- You: Aww, come on, don’t be shy! Leave the girl with the guy and walk away. She will probably come back to you later on.
Sex and the city
- You: Hey guys, do you watch Sex and The City? I was just talking to those girls over there and they said I remind them of Mr Big. Is that good?
- You: Hi, we’re picking up chicks. Only use if you are witty and quick.
Break up by text
- You: Is it ok to break up with someone by a text message?
- Her: Yes/No
- You: Point to your wingman. My friend is about to do it now, do you think he should?
- You: Hey guys, would you ever get a tattoo?
- Her: No
- You: My 19 year old sister wants to get her boyfriend’s name tattooed on her shoulder. The problem is she’s really strong willed, and when I tell her no, she wants to do it even more. How do I deal with that and tell her it’s a big mistake?
Who lies more
- You: Hey guys, I need a female opinion. Who lies more guys or girls?
- Her: Men do.
- You: The way I see it men tell the small lies like “your bum doesn’t look big in that skirt” but girls tell the big ones like…”it’s your baby!”
So the bottom line is, you can use pick up lines to create some instant interest and sexual tension, but don’t ever over use them or you’ll dilute the effectiveness of them.